Wednesday 22 August 2007

A New Focus

Well, the plan was to move on from doing paid posts as a PR2 blogger, get a new improved pagerank to experience paid blogging at a higher level.... Google had different ideas and dropped me a pagerank!! to PR1. I am guessing the phenomenal success of the viral linking flagged me up on the radar as a non-organic linker. I was not sure how to react to this set-back for a while, but I have found that there are still PPP opps for me, and I seem to be lucky enough to land some of them now.... So the new quest will be to experience paid blogging with PR1.
I have the 'values' of a PR3 paid-post blogger in that I won't jump at a $5 opp, I won't do gambling, 'enhancement' surgery or even dating sites any more - let's see what there is out there for a PR1 blogger with a sense of pride more befitting of a blogger above his lowly station!

8 comments:

hotdogman said...

How do you drop like that?

Do you have Google Analytics installed? Maybe nobody is reading your site?

I have a PR 4 and 200 or so views a day. I think they look at your traffic too....

hotdogman said...

Also, having a .blogspot address hinders your rank.

Spend the 8 bucks for your own URL!!!!

jay said...

It's not traffic, my traffic has not dropped...I think the massive amount of new back-links compared to how many I had before has flagged up (viral linking).
I have a couple of domains now, but have not used them for blogs - I may consider using a subdomain, but that's another story...

hotdogman said...

Has Google explained WHY?

stratz said...

lol I got screwed too. my .com didn;t go up at all but non dropped? Weird cause I did a lot of paid posts to all my sites and none dropped.. Either way I feel we got screwed. I was looking forward to see how much you would make too..

How are your other sites going now? Did you see the new one GRIS brought last weekend.?? 850$$ it cost us but yesterday it earned us 11$ in adsense.. wowzer.. lol. .only 4 today so far but it looks like it was worth it.

jay said...

@ hotdog - why would they?? they can do what they like...! I haven't bothered to research into other sites with the same problem - they're not going to change stuff just 'cos I don't like it...
@ Greg - what site was that then?? I've been a bit out of touch - I'm supposed to be on holiday - ha ha!

Linky Love said...

Jay, u r still better of than me :-)

Having said so, I consider myself now an apprentice in Paid to blog world, and I am in no way either ready to become a Postie Prostitute.

Having said so, I also have a new day and evening job ready :-)

jay said...

kind of you to say so, but I think we're all in the same boat... We each of us have our own strengths and something to teach/something to learn...