Friday 22 January 2010

Strategies

I am still thinking through my strategies for the coming year. January is a great time to review how you are going to progress with a project, and I really need to sort out where I am going with my online earnings. GoDaddy are great at forcing your hand by offering discounts, but because they do it all the time, you can always let a deadline for an offer expire, safe in the knowledge that there will be a new one along next week...
Currently, GoDaddy have an offer on '.com' domains, my problem is that I am not sure whether I want to go for .com when I am monetising my latest project through eBay - I have set my eBay widgets to UK eBay, so I probably want to concentrate on '.co.uk' domains. Maybe I should think about duplicating the site on a .com and put US eBay widgets on it??
I am thinking about dividing up one of my websites over several domains - this site has three distinct elements to it, so I am considering whether I should move some of the pages over to a new domain. Coupled with this, is my concept of moving all of my hosting onto a new multi-site hosting package which would open up a lot of new possibilities for me including free subdomains (in theory...).
I am spurred on by the GoDaddy offer to think out exactly which domains I need (or at least the closest available ones), and hopefully that will prove to be the incentive for getting things moving for my new hosting package - all of this would be so much simpler if I didn't have a full-time job and lots of other responsibilities to boot...

No comments: