Wednesday 6 January 2010

A new resolve

I don't 'do' New Year resolutions, but I am going to use this coming year to achieve some goals which will serve to point me in a more defined direction and be a bit less hap-hazard. My focus on earnings will change although I am resolved to carry on with some paid blogging, some opportunities will be falling by the wayside.
I find now, that there is little to be made from surveys and when I have been paid out for the ones that I have started out with, I will drop them. I think I am just about done with PPP and anything related to IZEA, they are no longer the creme de la creme that they used to be, they have reverted in my opinion to the lowest common denominator. Fine for those happy to fight for scraps, but the uncertainty of whether a post will be accepted along with a hefty minimum payout indicates the general demise of paid blogging. I am not bitter, I have been along for the ride and have enjoyed every cent...
In contrast, PayU2blog are much better for me, they make few demands, pay out twice a month without fail and have so far sent me over $1000, which is far more that I have earned from any other program. In fact it was just last month that the one thousandth dollar from PU2B hit my PayPal account...
Total earnings for December were less than $40 in total, but I have been concentrating on other things, not least of which is my new earnings spreadsheet.
I will be posting about total online earnings from now on and not just blogging, the spreadsheet includes expenditure as well as earnings, and this time, the money doesn't appear until it actually arrives in my account. So for instance, my actual blogging payments for December were over $65, this is because the majority of online earnings are subject to delayed payments.
I have completed the first draft of my spreadsheet and can start publishing figures from it soon, but I think I need to tweak it a little to make it easier to identify the different sources of income and the different elements of expediture (more for my own purposes than for the readers of this blog). When I have defined these a little better, I will start publishing some figures - it will be nothing ground-breaking or breath-taking, it will just serve to make my online earnings a little more transparent.

No comments: