Tuesday 5 January 2010

At home in the snow...


I love the snow, and as it happens, I am off work until Friday anyway this week, so I am not losing any work time. However being confined to the house tends to make you look around and assess your surroundings, and with sale-time in the shops, it easy to start formulating plans to spend heaps of money to improve your home.
I love modern furniture, but I live in a house that has some charming features that are just short of 100 years old. I think the comtemporary look can be pulled of in an older abode, if you can strike the balance right, however with a limited budget, we will need to be very creative.
Having said that, there is still some plastering and other seni-structural work to be done before any new furnishings can be bought, but rest assured, by the end of 2010 I am quote sure that our home will be a step closer to perfection...

No comments: