Monday 23 June 2008

Promoting your blog

Always on the lookout for ways to publicise my blog and raise interest in my posts, I discovered Zimbio last week and feel that it could be an interesting way to promote a blog especially in a niche category.
Firstly your register your URL or feed (I used my feed) and all your recent posts are uploaded into your profile. Each posts is listed and you can add your posts to existing 'wikizines' that might exist, or create your own niche wikizines in the hope that others might add content to them. I think the new wikizines do not go 'live' unless others add their content.
All your posts appear in a 'queue' and you can go through ewach one adding them to different exisiting content to publicise them, or deleting ones (paid posts maybe?) that you don't have categories for....
This seems like a great idea to draw readers to your content and also to do networking and easily find blogs within your niche. I think that this is a really well-thought out scheme that offers something useful to every blogger and qualifies as a 'no-brainer' in my book!
Not merely a good idea, but well-presented too in a professional looking site that appears to work really well. It was easy to add content and to attribute it to the right wikizines, and even starting your own wikizines was simplicity itself. I only hope that others pick up on my themes...

No comments: