Thursday 26 June 2008

Firefox 3

Well I have been using this for about a week or so now and can happily report that Firefox 3 appears to live up to it's hype. I am sure that there are thousands of tweeks and tricks that I could use, but I am not one to spend hours customising a browser...
The hype was that it would be faster than the previous version, which from experience I would say is probably right. Certainly some sites now seem to load up far quicker than previously. It is also supposed to be more secure, but seeing as I have very few problems with Firefox 2 security, I am not the best user to make a judgment.
What I have noticed is that there is a nice fresh modern look to the new browser, there are new icons and I have noticed some enhanced features when it comes to displaying favicons - I notice that sites like 'Paypal' have added their name to the favicon which I think looks quite good.
I am a big fan of Firefox and the new version does not have me hankering after the previous version which is always a plus..

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I really must get round to trying it!

LiVEWYRE said...

It's painless...