Saturday 17 May 2008

Summer Savings

I do everything I can both to save money and make the money we have go as far as possible, in order that the impact of the coming credit crunch will be minimal. It’s around this time of year that I am all to eager to turn off the central heating to keep fuel bills as low as possible. Fortunately in the UK we don’t really have a need for in-house air-conditioning, but most cars will be making use of their air conditioning compressor during the summer. I am always keen to turn the central heating off at the first sign of sunshine, similarly I only use the air conditioning in the car when I have to as this uses extra fuel too. .. (Did some one say mean? I’m just careful…!)
Not only am I mean careful, I am environmentally friendly too, my sweat is saving the planet!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have seen evidence lately that air conditioning makes no difference to fuel consumption. I do think that logically it seems like it would though.