Thursday 8 May 2008

Commenting for ideas

I have talked about commenting and am a big fan of commenting on blogs for many reasons. I still don't do it half as much as I should, in fact I do it considerably less that half as much as I should, but I have realised yet another reason why commenting is so good.
When you blog on your best themes, your regular visitors will often respond sometimes just to agree, but at other times may take the subject on a different tack. At these times I find myself replying to these comments and I end up writing extensively in the reply... At this point I start to think - wait - there is another blog post here... and I go away and write a future post based on the reply to the comment I have just received.
Coming up with new posts and subjects is not always easy, so listen to your 'audience' for three reasons:
  • They will give you ideas that are related to your themes, but ideas that you either missed or failed to expand on.
  • They will give you ideas on subjects and themes that they may want to read about
  • Interaction is what WEB2.0 is all about, and interaction will keep your readers coming back for more.
...and if you haven't guessed, this post was inspired by a comment that I had recently....

No comments: