Monday 25 June 2012

Up to date

Although there are still one or two little jobs to do in the new office, I am more or less back up and running now, and seeing as I am losing interest in the European Cup 2012.. I have been catching up with paperwork.
I had omitted to complete any transactions since April, and have now got all my ingoings and outgoings up to date, with the result that I am yet to make a profit this financial year.. I had some outgoings that negated all my current income, but making less profit has the welcome effect of reducing my tax bill, so it's not all bad.

I was thinking of offsetting the cost of the office furniture against online earnings, but that would have taken quite a large chunk of profit for the whole year - instead of doing that, I am offsetting the cost of my new monitor speakers which I will be legitimately using for cassette to CD conversions. The initial cost of the speakers has now been allocated to last years outgoings, but this year will carry the cost of the refurbishment (a complete re-build).
I am almost ready to submit my earnings for 2011-2012 to the taxman, as I am promised my P11D form soon from work (this is for my company car), and I can't complete the submission without it..

I have also gone against my own advice and purchased one or two laptop-related items from eBay - with the result of a working laptop made up from two purchases totalling about £30 - should be able to sell it for £60, so am reasonably pleased with myself... I do also have an extensive selection of spare parts that I could put on eBay once I have taken to time to sort it all out...

No comments: