Thursday 7 June 2012

Fostex Speakers

Observant readers may have spotted my tasty new monitors in my redecorated office photos - these were a pair of active speakers bought from eBay very cheaply then renovated at considerable cost.. I spent a while trawling eBay for Behringer Monitors, Sony active speakers and Fostex Speakers before deciding I couldn't afford 'top dollar'.
In the end I probably paid more to renovate the monitors I ended up with, but to be fair, they have brand new drivers in them and I painted them up lovely!
I have illustrated this post with an equivalent Fostex unit as I would have preferred a well-known brand name. However with my pockets not being as deep as I would like, I had to settle for something a little more modest. I get stunning reproduction from them anyway - so despite maybe not getting an instantly recognisable brand, the sound alone 'speaks' for itself.. In any case, I could have ended up buying new drivers anyway as second-hand speakers are a bit of a gamble - my advice would be to buy new so that you get the best possible results.

No comments: