Friday 8 June 2012

Almost finished

The furniture has been purchased at great expense from Ikea, and assembled over the recent Bank holiday... and the office has been transformed from a musty pit into a sparkling modern working space... I have said before that there are no real 'before' pictures as our previous office was not really photogenic. I have taken photo's from the time that the old office was stripped out, but there is no photographic evidence that can properly indicate the completeness of the transformation that has taken place.

The photo's here show the various phases of construction of the office furniture - there is still a little bit of work to do as I have not yet painted the window surround, but I am thinking that I can do this at anytime at my convenience...and anyway, I am far too excited about the new desk, shelves and bookcase to worry about that now.

I even bought a steel sheet to hang on the wall with lots of magnets to stick to it. I was thinking of getting a cork board to stick things on, but this looked a bit cooler than a cork board (and obviously, more expensive). I was looking for a new desk lamp too, but settled on under-shelf lighting instead - this is the sort of thing that Ikea does best, simple lighting at a really great price...



No excuses now for being slack with website updates and all the other stuff I am supposed to be doing - the new office is a joy to work in (even without blinds or curtains). I hope I will be inspired to churn out some good work and be able to generate some income - especially when the credit card bills come in!
I still have to sort out books and other stuff that has yet to be fitted into the new workspace, so there may be some final photos when the final touches (like the curtains) have been  completed - watch this space..

No comments: