Friday 29 June 2012

Munny 4 Hunny

I started this blog some years ago now with the idea that I would discover if it is possible to make a bit of cash online. The experiment proved fruitful, and although I have not made mountains of cash, I have certainly provided a bit of extra cash for treats (hence the 'hunny' in munny 4 hunny). It has been possible in the past to earn hundreds of dollars a month with paid posts, I have also picked up a few affiliates and continued with my first online 'venture' which has me converting tape cassette recordings into CD's. I have since begun a few other blogs to provide me with a wider base and catch more opportunities to earn a bit extra, but this one remains the most active. Nowadays, the opportunities for paid postings are less frequent and not so well-paid, but there is still money to be made, and if you had the time and energy, it would be possible to turn a half-decent bit of spare income. I have not myself, had the opportunity (or misfortune) to find out how much could be made if it were done full-time...

 On this blog alone, I have to date, racked up 1180 posts - and about another 800 posts on other blogs - in fact, when I add them up properly, this turns out to be post number 2001 in a little over five years... I have experimented with websites from time to time to see if I can boost earnings with static sites as well as blogs, but there is no real 'quick fix' easy way to create earning websites despite the adverts you might see.

There are legitimate earnings and they take a lot of hard work to get rolling, but once the money starts coming in, the satisfaction is quite pleasing. However, I find that even static sites need work to keep driving traffic to them - some are driven by good SEO techniques, some by posting in forums etc.. but I find that unless you keep working at the traffic, it falls away fairly quickly. The one thing I found initially is that there are others all trying the same thing, and establishing links with them, and swapping ideas can be very helpful. When I think back to when I started, it has been fascinating to see the different paths that fellow income-seekers have followed. There are still opportunities out there, and a little original thinking can go a long way in the online world.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

great post - I agree!

I hope that things continue to go well for you.