Monday 18 June 2012

Bargains..

Really happy with myself today!
I have been looking for additional RAM for my laptop recently - it's quite an old laptop and the going rate on eBay for a 1GB stick is anything between about £12 to £20, I have bid on a few sticks but won nothing as yet.... I don't want to pay very much because I bought the laptop cheap and don't want to waste money on it. There is already a 1GB stick of RAM in my laptop, it takes 2GB, so ideally I could do with another 1GB.

I was in Staples stationary store today and there was a 'bargain' table - imagine my astonishment when I spotted a 1GB stick of laptop RAM reduced to £3.99... I picked it up and checked all the specifications, and although I wasn't 100% sure, I bought it because I figured I could sell it on eBay even if it wasn't right for my machine. As it happens, it worked fine and my little old laptop now soprts a mighty 2Gig of RAM...

I am still pinching myself that I managed to spot such a random bargain without even getting it from eBay, and I suppose the moral of the story is that it is always worth sniffing out a bargain and maybe I shouldn't restrict my bargain hunting to eBay alone.

No comments: