Thursday 24 November 2011

Update

It's day 12 of having most of my left arm in a cast, and although it was a novelty for this first day, the novelty-factor quickly wore off... I can't drive which is quite frustrating, I can't play football which is even worse.. and it's difficult to sleep soundly. In fact I am getting a bad back because I am sleeping in an uncomfortable position. There are 12 days to go before my next appointment, and hopefully removal of this massive yellow appendage!

There is one great mercy from all this though, and that is the fact that with all the treatment I am getting, the x-rays and the casts (this is my second, and I may need a third, hopefully smaller one). The NHS takes care of everything so I don't have to worry about the cost as there will never be an invoice dropping on to my mat for all this work. It's a pity other nations can't get the same sort of treatment without worrying about insurance - just saying...!

No comments: