Monday 14 November 2011

Broken arm!


Oh dear, everyone keeps telling me I'm too old to carry on playing football which I think is a bit harsh, but having broken my arm playing football on Saturday, I am forced to lay off physical exercise for a while...

I have discovered that having an arm in plaster is pretty inconvenient, although I can still type (!) and can even manage to type with two hands although my left arm is getting a bit heavy to hover over the keyboard... I have a stack of tapes to convert to CD at the moment, but fortunately I can do those one-handed!

The most inconvenient thing is not being able to drive, so at least I will be getting plenty of walking exercise. Luckily I am close enough to my day-job to be able to walk into work, hopefully the weather won't be too bad over the next few weeks.
I have a bit of blogging work to catch up with, so I have plenty to do for those nights in the week when I would normally be gadding about..

The temporary cast (pictured) comes off on Wednesday, I should get a nice light one then, and hopefully some idea of how long I will be incapacitated for (ie. how long before I can play football again!)

No comments: