Wednesday 30 November 2011

Arm Update


Finally the artist has been at work and decorated the cast on my arm as you can see. I am hoping that I will only have this on for one more week as I have an appointment next Wednesday. The cast is awkward and preventing me from getting a good nights sleep amongst other things, so I really hope it will be gone soon...
There are so many things I can't do easily although I have a good go at most things. I definitely can't drive, it is not so hard to get dressed now, but taking a bath is quite hard with one arm held up in the air. A colleague kindly makes sandwiches for me at work, and even answering the phone is tricky because if I need to write anything down, I don't have a spare hand to do it with!
Having said all that, I don't have much pain, and I have use of the hand at least if not the arm, I can hold things (as long as I don't have to really grip hard) in my left hand. As far as broken arms go, I think I have got off fairly lightly.

No comments: