Monday 7 November 2011

October 2011


A few months ago I started picking up broken laptops on eBay with the idea of either breaking them for spares or fixing them up. I have sold a couple of fixed laptops now, but with the costs of purchasing from eBay - I have to say I don't think it's going to be an avenue that I will be exploring any further... To be fair though, I have enjoyed fixing the laptops up and restoring their usefulness.
I have done a few tapes in the last month and am promised a whole stack of them next month, but paid posts have been very few and far between. I have bought some stock for cassette conversions so that accounts for the outgoings of £16. I had no 'hits' for affiliates paid out during October, but have had some recently that will be paid out soon I think..
In other news I had £135 back off the taxman for overpayment of tax on a company car - not strictly income, but helped to swell the coffers a little... That little payout added to income from eBay this month is building up into a decent amount. I am possibly looking at about £200 in tape conversions on the horizon at the moment, so if I can find the time to do them, that should help ease the Christmas squeeze on the wallet!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

My paid blog posts are low at the moment as well. I am publishing a post every few weeks for moneysupermarket.com on my website which is bringing in a bit extra. I have also been approached by claimsforyou.com which could bring in a bit more.

It could be worth you trying blogsvertise and they sometimes come up with jobs for me. They usually pay a bit more, although you have to write a bit more. 2,3 paragraphs for $6-20. The rate depends on the job.

jay said...

I am with blogsvertise and have done a few of theirs recently. Great to hear that you are being head-hunted!
I have a stack of tapes lined up to keep me busy this month - longer term looks bleak for paid blogging, but I have thought that before..

jay said...

Spoke too soon - 9 opps waiting for me at PU2B - when am I going to find time to do these??