Saturday 16 April 2011

Thumb supports

As I get older I find myself in need of more medical assistance just to get through the day! - I have a back support for driving, and ankle support for football, and am now looking at thumb supports, neck supports and elbow supports to assist my ailing limbs.

I was wondering what people did before such remedies were widely available, but then it occured to me that a lot of these ailments are caused by modern-day living. We get RSI from using computers, bad backs from driving and bad eyes from VDU screens. It's only when we get beyond our thirties that this degeneration starts to take place and we suddenly realise that we are not able to do the things we once did.

I have ventured out with back supports and ankle supports on many ocassions, I am quite sure by the time I am sixty I am going to have more padding than the average American Football player.

No comments: