Wednesday 6 April 2011

FireFox 4


With FireFox 4 being available, I guess now is as good a time as any to talk about browsers and how well they perform.
Currently, my firm favourite is Google Chrome - it outstrips the other main players for speed, and I find the plug-ins easier to use - trying to access 'favourites' can be a bit tricky sometimes because they just disappear from time to time, but I do love the 'new tab' function which offers you all your most frequently opened URLs as thumbnails.
Internet Explorer is the last browser I will use, but sometimes due to compatibility issues with FF and Chrome, IE is the only one that functions.
I have just started using FF again because of compatibility issues with Chrome, but Chrome is too fast to ignore. My preferences:
#1: Chrome - 99% of pages work fine in Chrome and load a LOT quicker
#2: Firefox - If I get problems with Chrome, I will default to FF
#3: IE - when things are really, really desperate I start looking for IE

No comments: