Monday 22 November 2010

Slow November

This month has not been as active as I would have liked, mainly because I have not had many cassette to CD conversions to do this month. Ironic as I built up stocks of CD's last month and have enough to do quite a number of conversions.
I have been working on a website for a local business and am re-thinking my Wordpress strategy. I had thought that I would use WP as my standard website building tool - but having had some work commissioned, I very quickly found that it was far easier to get what I wanted by using Dreamweaver rather than using the WP platform.
For the future, I want to be be able to build sites quickly using WP so I think I need to keep pushing the learning curve in this direction for a while - it is clear to me that although I have had some success with WP, I am nowhere near being able to quickly adapt it to my specific needs. At least with a WYSIWYG like Dreamweaver, I get the functionality that I want even though I don't get the aesthetically pleasing design...
I have completely reworked my 'WebSiteTastic' website (using Dreamweaver!) and gone for a much simpler look altogether - it is about as 'spartan' as it could possibly be now, and I will keep it like that until I am ready to promote the site properly.
Paid-to-blog has been sporadic, but I have had a couple of extra posts this month from one of those sources that occasionally sends in a worthwhile opp., however, the mainstay paid-to-blog remains 'PU2B'...



No comments: