Sunday 21 November 2010

Houston auto repair

I need to have my car serviced at the moment and am faced with the perpetual problem of who can be relied upon to do a good job at a reasonable price. I don't like taking the car to a main dealers, for instance if I had a ford expedition the last place I would take it for servicing would be the local Ford franchise. This francise used to charge £85 a hour 5 years ago, I dread to think how much they charge now. (They also tried to service my car even though the exhaust pipe had fallen off...but that's another story!)

Having the service book up to date is vital, because that will tell you when you last had your timing belt replaced, and hopefully therefore...when you will need a new one. An unscrupulous mechanic may try and charge you for unnecessary work including expensive work on your braking system or water pump. Having just had a very large bill for work on my braking system, I am definitely looking for an alternative garage to carry out the servicing on my vehicle.

If you are looking for a reliable garage, then ask around friends for auto repair companies like Houston Auto repair that they have used and found to be reasonable. There are also some online schemes that offer ratings and feedback for local companies online, so looking for prospective services this way might give you an insight - The company I usually use had one feedback, and it was not at all complementary...



No comments: