Friday 13 March 2009

I'm still spending

I know I said I should try and build up some cash in my PayPal account to pay back into my bank account, but I've got the spending bug, and although I haven't broken into my 'real' money lately I have carried on fueling my plans for building a new computer...
I now have a new Motherboard to go with my recently purchased CPU, and I am bidding on a replacement case with power supply... I can see myself buying a new hard-drive and a stack of RAM before there is any surplus in my PayPal account - at least I am not spending 'real' money - that would be far more difficult to justify.
Therein lies my error of course, because money in PayPal is, in every way as good as money in the bank, and I have already spent a good deal of good hard cash pursuing half-formed ideas of taking my computer(s) to another level. When I have finished this project I will have two very similar computers and what will I have gained? Not much... I console myself with the thought that the whole project is of course a learning process. I am learning about fixing computers whilst I am learning how to build them - I have already fixed a PC for a work colleague, and used my new-found knowledge and expertise (and willingness to poke around inside a PC..) to fix a panel PC at work, saving us a deal of money...
I am determined then to complete this project and then curb my spending until I have actually built up enough money to shift it back into a bank account - I am getting very close to ridding myself completely of a credit card debt, and I am starting to feel that my compulsive spending is holding me back from finally paying the thing off..

This month has not seen a lot of blogging earnings coming my way so far, but I have been paid by Adsense, so all is not lost... I have a few 'jobs' to complete which will bring in a few dollars, but they will be online earnings that do not come under the banner of blogging cash. I have been reasonably successful in building a bit of interest and traffic to one or two of my blogs and will continue my 'organic' method of comment posting and links placed in relevant forums to try to extend that traffic to levels that will bring more Adsense income.
Once I have completed my PC project, I promise to put all my efforts into paying off the remaining credit card debt and relkeasing myself from those particular shackles - I will be sure to blog about it here and on my finance-related blog.

No comments: