Wednesday 25 March 2009

Getting Older...

Aging happens to us all of course, but I have been 'blessed' with youthful looks since childhood. When I was a teenager, having youthful looks was not really helpful although there were times when it could be used to my advantage. In the main it was a pain to always look younger than your mates when you are young - however I always knew I would have the last laugh when I got older. So when all my old school-friends are looking for the the best skin-care products and eye cream, I am 'product-free' and proud of it..
There is a down-side however, and at somewhere between my fourth and fifth decade, I am certainly feeling the physical effects of age, not least of which is my newly-deteriorating eyesight. I am going to have to get some glasses pretty soon...
My back is struggling to keep up with my sporting ambitions, and playing football twice a week generally ensures that I am in a permanent state varying between back-twinges and full-blown 'can't get out of bed' back pain.

No comments: