Friday 27 March 2009

House renovations

The one room in our house that desperately needs a makeover is the bathroom, a job which I have only 'dabbled with' so far. When we first moved in, I did strip off the nasty vinyl wallpaper, gave it a lick of fresh paint and made a new bath panel.
Since then, I have replaced the bathroom faucet with some nice new shiny ones, and I have stripped and sanded the floor. I know that at some point I am going to have to fork out for a complete new bathroom with a shower (still haven't fitted a shower...) and a new suite to replace the lovely pink one we inherited...but it does for now.
The two areas of the house that demand the most attention (and expense) nowadays are the kitchen and bathroom, but this wasn't always the case - kitchens and bathrooms of yesteryear were hardly given any thought at all.
We are actually 'blessed' with an extra outside loo which we tend to use for storage, but as the household expands, there will come a time where having an extra toilet will be extremely useful - turning this outside facility into something usable is a job that is a bit more up my street...

No comments: