Saturday 16 March 2013

Yamaha HS50M


It's about a year or so since I bought myself some studio monitors to use primarily as speakers for my PC, but also with the idea that I might get some more serious usage out of them. I haven't lost interest in studio monitors and just love these affordable yamaha hs50m monitors as they would have been ideal for me.

The primary features that would have appealed to me are the fact that they have balanced inputs - a mark of professional kit, they are 70W which is the same as the ones that I have - just the right amount of power - not puny, not ridiculously overpowered... The added feature that I don't have on my monitors is that these have room control and frequency response switches - which are not a deal-breaker for me, but nonetheless a nice feature to have included at this very reasonable price-point. Oh, and let's not forget, they are Yamaha so would not look out of place wherever you take them...

No comments: