Friday 1 March 2013

March Update

It's March already, and whilst off-line life has been as busy as ever, on-line seems to have slowed down quite a bit this year. I haven't even worked out 'earnings' for the last few months, but I'm pretty sure I have spent far more than I have earned...
I am expecting a payout for contextual ads this month, and some of the regular stuff has continued, but it has been a while since I did a tape conversion. Bearing that in mind, it is probably time that I concentrated my efforts on WordPress as this could be a potential earner for me if I can set up easy-to-edit websites for a few local businesses. I need to get my Livewyre.NET brought over to WP, and then maybe create a few more examples to form a portfolio - I have an idea for updating an old site - which could involve building a 'sister' site. Of course, once I have created one, the sister site will be relatively easy to set up using the same or similar WP theme.
All these things take time and I am deep into another DIY project at the moment as well as being tremendously busy with the 9-5. There's still nothing quite so satisfying as making a bite of extra cash on the side doing on-line stuff, so I'm not ready to give it up yet...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck with it all! I have recently changed two of our websites on to Wordpress and it is ridiculously easy to use once you get the hang of it. I have to use it for a few customers so was forced to learn a bit about it and so now am a convert! I still like blogger for easy blogging and also easy Google adwords ads!

jay said...

WP is a great system out of the box, but relatively time-consuming if you want to set it up a certain way (ie. set 'parent-child' relationships for pages and use 'categories' for navigation - also deciding whether some content should be a 'post' or a 'page'. You can get into the PHP and change the way your theme looks (where the theme is not editable from the menu) which means you end up with a unique look, but it does take a bit of time to get it 'just so'. (I like to tinker)