Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year

Unsurprisingly, we seem to have survived 2012 despite predictions to the contrary... I have also had a reasonable month of online earnings at almost £170, the best of the year so far. I was hoping to have another cassette job that would have taken me well past £200, but it didn't happen in the end.. There's just a few months left until the end of the financial year, but I am not expecting to reach the levels of the last few years.
Last year, for instance, by this time, I had a profit of £1100 on a turnover of £1300, this year in contrast I have only a profit of £600 on a turnover of just under £900.
I tend to split income into three main categories:
1. blogs
2. passive (including contextual adverts)
3. Cassette conversions
Each of these categories are showing a significant reduction in turnover, so there is not one specific area which is suffering. It's a little disappointing, but as it is just income that I am earning in my spare time, I guess I am having more spare time to myself... although I am spending a lot more time and effort on my 'day-job' this year, and have had significant bonuses to show for the effort.
I still have a few more projects (mostly Wordpress) that I want to explore, and have just come up with a new idea for a website - not sure whether there is any great way to monetise it, but the idea tackles a subject I am interested in, which is the key to seeing a project through in my opinion. I am going to use a WP theme for this which gives me three projects currently on the 'front burner' (plenty more on the back burner..). I am still working on getting Livewyre.NET onto a WP platform, it is looking really good, but I still have a lot to do. I have another site that I want to transfer onto a WP theme (tricky client though, it's for my wife!), and this new project that just occurred to me.
It's good to keep busy, and they always say that there is no rest for the wicked, in which case I must be particularly bad! If you are kind enough to read my posts, then Happy New Year - and to those that pay me for posts, Happy New Year to you too!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy New Year! My earnings look like they will down on last financial year too. I guess it is partly to do with the economic climate, hopefully things will pick up soon.