Thursday 27 December 2012

All over bar the shouting

Well it's all over now, Christmas Day and Boxing Day have gone and life reverts to 'normal'. Thankfully the holidays passed without too much shouting, but nonetheless, it is all over.. We actually passed a pleasant few days away from home, Christmas Day was spent in the traditional family gathering, but we had Boxing Day to ourselves. I got a good deal on an 'executive room' in a hotel over the Christmas break, so I booked an extra night and my wife and daughter and I had the extra day to ourselves yesterday. We started with a swim in the hotel leisure complex, a walk in a local park, lunch in a diner, a film at the cinema and home in time to have dinner in the hotel. Remarkably few arguments, and money well spent on a small 'suite' comprising two rooms (each with an impressive flat screen TV) in the hotel - an experience which I will be only too ready to repeat in the future.

No comments: