Thursday 24 September 2009

When will I have the time?


I have been 'doing up' my house for more than 10 years at not too fast a pace... My lack of speed is not entirely due to my laziness, a lack of funds has also played a significant part. In that long time, I think we have managed to completely refurbish three rooms, leaving us four rooms and the hallway and landing to complete. The current project is the hallway, it has been stripped and we had some tiles laid down to replace the exisiting floor tiles.
The current project has been rudely interrupted when I got distracted by the renovation of our outside toilet which seemed to take up the best of the Summer months this year.
One of the major problems with my method of working is that I am too thorough, not content to replace carpets in our dining room, I ended up taking up the floorboards and replaced the flooring joists too - a task which took me several years to complete.
There is little chance that I will ever complete the house at the current rate of working, so I will need to either speed things up or become a lot more wealthy so I can pay someone else to do all the work.

No comments: