Thursday 11 June 2009

Slow start

Last month started at breakneck speed with lots of opps completed in the first week, but opps have been few and far between so far in June, early days admittedly...
Other projects have been more successful and I have another 'keyword' success to report. The success in getting my new site (sorry still a 'hush hush' project) a decent SERP for it's main search term was compounded by another success, this time for my much older Beckham News blog.
I was checking Google analytics for visitor stats by search term and noticed the term 'Beckham News' had sent me some visitors. I googled and sure enough, my blog comes up as fifth position at the moment. I don't know how long I have been ranked for this phrase, but it came as a big surprise to me.. I must be doing something right! I am not sure if I can improve on the SERP thatI am getting for my new project, but if the longevity of my Beckham blog is the reason for my high position, then it could take me about two years to get higher than position six...
This has been a good reminder to keep checking the analytics on sites that you don't expect to perform well just in case Google suddenly decides that you are OK after all..

No comments: