Tuesday 2 June 2009

Results for May 2009

This month has been a truly puzzling month for me. I had plenty of PU2Blog bonus opps at the start of the month, but they have quickly dried up - when that happens you think you are in for a good month, then nothing comes in for a few weeks and the average earnings start to drop. A few opps have dropped into my lap from other sources and I thought I had some link sales, but nothing came of it. All-in-all a month of expectations more than actual results. On the 'up' side, I enjoyed doing the 'intenet money makers' feature and have been fairly successful in getting a new website ranked for it's main keyword - all I need to do now is sort out how I am going to monetise it...
This new project is hopefully going to be a site that I can set up and leave - I am hoping that a combination of Adsense and eBay affiliate ads will provide enough to justify it's upkeep - If it works out I may well be building several other sites on the same model. The last thing I need is a host of extra sites that need constant updating though...
Earnings for May 2009 have been just over $65 with about $136 being paid into my Paypal account from previous months. The drop in blogging earnings seems set to continue which is why other projects are becoming more important - I hope I have opened up a new stream of revenue, but the monetisation is the key, and it remains to be seen whether I can convert SERP into traffic, and then traffic into revenue.

2 comments:

Linky Love said...

Luckily Rachel shows us there is money to be made writing, just that joining the huge crowd of PPP and the kind is no more the way 'to get rich'.

Monetizing traffic with Adsense is easy when your ads are about what you write.

Monetizing traffic with eBay is easy when your are talking about the products you are selling.

The rest is putting in lots of hard work :-)

... and you are making me oh so curious about your new high ranking site :-)

Have a great new month!

jay said...

Yep PPP is not what it was, but there are indeed still ways to make a bit of cash.
Don't worry my new site doesn't compete with anything you are doing ;P it's all about SERP using on page optimisation for a specific keyword - remains to be seen whether it will be profitable. This could possibly to lead to an article entitled 'who needs pagerank...?'