Wednesday 10 June 2009

Keeping active

Even though I am some way past what might be considered my physical prime, I do keep fairly active playing sports. I play football (soccer) twice a week with friends and the action is usually fairly frenetic and often reasonably painful.
Despite the negative effects, I am banking on the positive effects outweighing them, although I have to acknowledge that at some point, the balance will be tipped and I will have to pack it in and find something less painful to keep fitness levels up. I am fairly competitive and do not respond to gym-related exercise or jogging/running, I am more interested in team sports or one-on-one sports that help to bring out my competitive nature. My long term plan is to think about taking golf lessons when I am too old for football and though I don't expect to be winning any golf trophies, I think I will be competitive especially if my wife also joins in as she has threatened to do... When we are retired or at least semi-retired, we have this plan to join a golf-club and get some lessons. Whether we will ever get round to it is an entirely different matter.

No comments: