Sunday 23 February 2014

'New' iPhone

I have semi-reluctantly joined the 'herd' and now have an iPhone, but would point out in my defence that it is not one that I have bought, but one supplied by my employer. I feel I should explain because I am one of those that have displayed a bit of 'inverted snobbery' concerning Apple products and their marketing strategies for a while...
So, I now have the chance to compare iPhone with Android and will probably from time to time, post about the pro's and cons. Initially then I have to say I did not warm to the iPhone (Mine is the 4S) interface, but then if you are used to one Operating System, there are always going to be a level of resistance at the start. Suffice to say that I am starting to grow a little fonder of this 'little' phone (my Android has a 5.4" screen!), and although others have criticised smart-phones in general for their lack of ability to be a 'phone' - this one works well if you want to make or take calls!! It actually is a better telephone than my Android as far as I am concerned - I find my Android actually a bit too cumbersome to use as a phone and I also struggle to hear callers properly without using the speakerphone.
I am not able to load it up with apps as it is a works device, but the apps for messaging and for email are fine - it connected to my home wi-fi easily. The iPhone is running iOS7, and I quite like the smooth way in which the interface moves from one screen to another. I managed to link via bluetooth to the Nokia in-car system, so am once more hands-free. (I managed the same thing easily with my Android, but running bluetooth all the time drains the Android whereas it doesn't see to drain the iPhone quite as dramatically).
So those are my initial thoughts, I am quite sure I will have more discoveries both good and bad to report...

No comments: