Thursday 13 February 2014

LogMeIN update

I have been using the free version of 'LogMeIn' for a couple of years now, but they are now withdrawing free accounts and are now charging for the service.
I have previously written two posts about them here...
This is a real shame as I find the service offered by LogMeIn particularly useful for logging into my Mother's laptop and helping to solve some of her computing problems for her - only last weekend I was able to help her with with a software update, and ran some anti-virus software which picked up and deleted a dozen dubious files. I have also used it in the past to run software in my workplace when I have been at home and unable to get to work.
It's fair enough that free software should expire after a time, so no complaints there, I just thought I needed to write an update seeing as I have blogged about the free version of LogMeIn on this blog previously.
I have yet to try the 'native' Windows remote assistant software, so I guess I will be trying that soon to see if that offers any functionality that I had previously got from LogMeIn.

No comments: