Wednesday 24 October 2012

Catching up

Lack of activity on Munny4Hunny over the last few weeks is for two reasons:

1. Have been busy moving my Livewyre.NET web site over to a Wordpress platform - this has meant a complete reorganisation of the entire site which is packed with stuff... I am really pleased with the way it has gone so far - quite challenging, but in a good way. I have had to give some thought to how I want to organise the information in terms of 'categories' and 'tags' - I ahve not had to think in these terms before, so it has been quite a challenge to make 'sense' of this way of categorising information. In addition, the use of both 'pages' and 'posts' has made things both more complicated, and yet easier to handle. I really love the idea of a featured image which can either just be a picture for a snippet of the post, and/or an illustration within the post itself. I am using mostly images from 'dryicons' (great free resource for small images and backgrounds) which has given a kind of uniform feel to the site.
2. The 'busyness' of 'real life' has meant that I have had little spare time to pursue extra-curricular activities - I have worked two 12 hour days this week in order to meet a major deadline. I am hopeful that next week will not be quite so frantic. There is plenty to do, so I won't exactly be taking it easy...

I really want to get this Wordpress project to a state where I can re-launch Livewyre.NET, and am going to set a deadline of the end of November - this will entail getting all of the content from the old site onto the new platform, then editing each page and post to ensure the content is easy to follow and up to date. I have an 'SEO plugin' to help me ensure that the pages will maximised for SEO. The next stage will be then to tie in with twitter and use it to promote some of the content - I'm quite excited about finding out if this will prove a fruitful way of promoting the site.

No comments: