Sunday 13 May 2012

Progress at last..

I was getting concerned that I would have little to show for this weekend after I got so little done in terms of renovating my home office yesterday. However, today I managed to get out of the way, one of those tasks that has been bugging me a bit. The reason I was hesitating over this job is I was not sure how it was going to turn out, but as it happens it turned out quite well.

My wife had picked out a light for the office, but there is an ugly hole in the ceiling which used to be the loft access. I had fashioned a wooden square to cover the hole, and had to get this and the light fitted whilst extending the wiring to fit.

It was a relatively quick job, but has taken me a psychological leap forward as this was one of the 'big' jobs that still remains, and because of the complex nature of the wiring and the wooden cover for the hole, one that was becoming a bit of a psychological block. As you can see from the picture, the painting has also been done, so there is little to stop me finishing the job relatively quickly now...

No comments: