Tuesday 29 May 2012

Latest Update

The skirting board is finally in - when the missus said 'can you fit new skirting board in the office' I don't think she fully realised what an undertaking it would be. I stripped the old wallpaper, removed the old skirting and door-surround, then took up all the flooring board-by-board...
I painted the walls, sanded and stained the floor and finally cut, prepared and fitted the skirting - I also added some vertical 'trunking' so that I could have more power sockets in the room and also fitted a phone, modem and LAN socket to the same trunking (which I constructed from tongue and groove pine). I have yet to sand down the window surround and give it a fresh paint of coat, but apart from that, we are pretty much ready to move back in (and buy some new office furniture...). I have already started putting some of the old furniture back in just to make some room in the bedrooms that have been used as storage - can't wait to get a new desk in there and put the computers back in!

No comments: