Thursday 15 December 2011

Arm Update


I have had my new shorter cast for a week now, and everything is almost back to normal. The medical team were kind enough to cut an 'S' shape in the new lighter cast so that I could remove it if I wanted to take a bath etc.. and for the last few nights I have tried sleeping with the cast removed. I had this new cast fitted last week, and my immediate problem of not being able to drive was instantly fixed.. Having elbow movement back again was great - I even had a half-decent game of football on Saturday...
Two more weeks of this and I think I should be able to remove the cast altogether (next appointment is on 28th December..). I had a weeks 'vacation' off work last week, and am happy to report that I think I have all my Christmas presents purchased, and cards sent...

Should be a few more cassette to CD jobs to come in before Christmas, but I have already done quite a big order this month and have had a few more paid blog payouts. Financially things are looking pretty strong (ironic considering the European Economy seems to be crashing around our ears at the moment..). We are still enjoying ridiculously low mortgage interest payments, and I am still managing to overpay my mortgage which means that some of the principle should be eroded before the (likely to be inadequate) endowment comes up in ten years time...

No comments: