Saturday 30 July 2011

July 2011

I had a lot of tapes to convert this month, unfortunately most of them were from one client, so I had to give a good discount. Nevertheless, this was a huge contribution to this months earnings which would have been very mediocre otherwise. Paid posts are few and far between at the moment, but sometimes you get a lull, then before you know it, there are suddenly a stack of assignments - maybe next month??
I have been trying my hand at trading laptops on eBay, have certainly spent some money - now need to get some back... (I have an ever increasing 'stock' of spare laptops at the moment...). One affiliate that keeps paying and paying is my '1and1' affiliate program - this accounted for another £22.50 this month, that's the best month so far - a total of £42.50 since April. As it pays straight onto my credit card account, I usually don't even realise until my credit card statement comes in. It's handy because most of my eBay purchases end up on my credit card, because my Paypal is a bit skint at the moment with the lack of paid postings...
Onwards and upwards... a good month behind me, a good month ahead if I can sell a couple of laptops - although I am not including this trading in my earnings here until I am a bit clearer on whether it will turn into a long term project...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You had a good month too - its nice to see the recession isn't hitting too hard. Good luck with the laptops - it is sometimes worth taking a risk on a new project to see what comes of it. Hope it works out for you.

jay said...

I think I can make the laptop idea work - it's just a case of whether it's worth the effort, but I agree speculate to accumulate is the philosophy here... For me it's all been about seeing the idea through to fruition - One has many ideas (as a rule) making them a reality is the next step