Saturday 25 June 2011

Slow month for blogging

I seem to have my focus elsewhere this month - there has been little blogging needing to be done, but thankfully, some other revenue streams have been a bit more active. This is just as well as I went a bit mad and bought myself my first ever laptop this month off eBay. I got a bargain at just under £50 plus delivery. The battery was duff, but I bought a broken laptop for £5, and that had a good battery - also a good DVD drive and hopefully other components that I may be able to re-sell. I may try my hand at laptop salvage for a while in case it may be a worthwhile income stream - bit of a gamble though buying broken stuff in the hope that something is salvageable...
Naturally, I will 'charge' the laptop to my online earnings as it is definitely a tool of the trade... mostly I intend to use it for doing website building. I also bought my first wireless router (not exactly a first-adopter) so the two are working well as a team.
Fortunately, I have had a few tapes to convert this month so I think the cost of the laptop will be covered - would really like to have another bumper crop of paid blog posts so I can invest in more broken laptops!
I recently bought a new domain for my cassette to CD conversions and have a spanking new web design up and running - for the time being I will run two sites promoting the same business. I am also linking the sites into facebook and twitter too - I am going to have to spend a little time encouraging people to 'like' my page - but I also want to revamp the old site to bring it up to a similar design standard. I will need to work out a long-term plan that makes use of the traffic that the old site gets and also encourages visitors to the newer site.
Still juggling too many ideas at once, but feel a bit more determined to see some plans through at the moment, so am going to make the most of this mood...


No comments: