Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 Summary

A while ago, I speculated on how many posts I would have completed by the end of the year, and I am pleased to find that I have exceeded expectations. I expected to have 935 posts under my belt in the two years I have been blogging, but can reveal that this is my 957th ever blog post (488th on Munny4Hunny)... and I have earned almost USD2000 from my blogs in that time.
I have reported my earnings every month since the first dollars hit my Paypal account on this blog, my other blogs are less blatant ;)
I run a separate internet enterprise and earn some Adsense from other sites which has generated more income which I do not include as part of my blog earnings. My philosphy is not merely to amass income, but to do so in a way which remains enjoyable to me. There are certain subjects that I will not promote even when the pickings are rich, and I am not a big fan of PTC sites even though many of my internet friends use this method (one even started a PTC site...).
I hope my observations and experiences have been useful to someone somewhere as earnings has never been the only motive for this blog even though sometimes the content does not seem to reflect those ideals.
It remains to say Happy New Year and happy blogging and browsing in 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to an even better 2009! Congrats on all of your accomplishments.

jay said...

Thanks Ellie, you are leading the way..