Monday 1 September 2008

Earnings August 2008

If nothing else, earnings are steady for me month in - month out at the moment. I am averaging about $100 a month and this last month brought in $99.60. In a change of pattern, much more of these earnings are now attributed to adsense and I have reached payout again this month. I would still stress that the majority of my adsense earnings are NOT from blogs, but that balance is beginning to change and it seems that a decent niche blog may be able to yield reasonable adsense earnings - it's not going to make me rich unless I can manage 1000 good niche blogs at the same time, but I am seeing much better results even if Google are no longer including 'blogger' hosted 'dot com' blog keywords in their search results.
Earnings were scattered around paid blogging, adsense and surveys in that order. Surveys just come along when they are suitable so there is not much you can do about increasing activity there, so my focus will be to try to maximise paid posting (blogsvertise sprang back into life again for me this month having ignored me since December) and having a little PR on some of my blogs will help (but for how long??). Adsense is the real aim for me as there is nothing as pleasing as passive income, though to be fair the amount of work you need to do to even make a cent with adsense hardly qualifies as passive...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It is good that your earnings are steady if not a bit low. At least you know what to expect month on month. My Adsense had increased significantly for a while but the earnings have dropped back down again now.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine marketing with anything other than a blog. The amount of time and effort needed to "test" keywords is a fraction of anything else I've found.