Sunday 3 August 2008

PC update

My 'one-step-at-a-time' approach to PC maintenance has proved quite successful so far and I am installing Windows onto my newly 'created' PC today. I still have some extra RAM and a spare hard-drive coming from eBay auctions next week, bringing my total expenditure on this project to about £50/$100. This is not the first time I have embarked on this type of project, and am happy to say that without the cost-cutting advantage that eBay offers, there is no way that I would even attempt this type of PC customisation..
There is still the chance that this project could fall flat on it's face, but the fact that I may get a perfectly workable PC that will probably be twice as quick as it's previous incarnation, is worth the £50 spent even if I end up just learning a lot more from the experience and end up dumping the PC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,

Linky Love here with a request:

Do you want to be part in my new blog project to get more traffic to your blog?

Idea is that I help out Bloggers for Beginners at http://www.howtomakeablogwebsite.com/.

If and when you feel like, you can add your input and of course link to your own page.

I offer a "Ready to Blog Package" and will teach people how to attract more visitors and how to make money online. The latter you are the expert. Yup I started blogging for money after reading your posts and "hotdogman" :-)

Please let me know if you feel like joining the fun,

Thx

LL aka JC