Monday 24 September 2007

$50 contest for creative bloggers....

Cash contest again today over at Blogging with cents (thanks to browsing through Mr Prizes recently added contests). This contest however, is a contest with a difference. The prize will be awarded to those that have obtained entry to the contest by filling in the blanks in a short story. Cleverly, the story contains two links, and you must post the completed story on your own blog (including links). the prize will be awarded randomly, but you can earn extra entries by completing the story cleverly or wittily. I really like this idea for a contest and will endeavour to have a go myself...

Here are the rules in brief:

You can use 1 word or a phrase to fill in the blank. You can be as creative as you want, you decide what is said and how the story ends! If the story doesn’t make sense, that’s OK too;)

If your story makes the author of the blog laugh or impresses her sufficiently, then you will earn extra bonus entries

You have until 12:00am cst, September 30 to get your entries in. On October 1st, a winner will be drawn at random. The winner will have 1 week to get in touch to claim his/her winnings.

What you win: One random winner will win $50 via Paypal and, of course, some linky love on my big fat PR O of a blog:)

NOW FOR THE STORY—-

_______ about a month ago in _______. I was ______ when I realized my ______ could be seen. You have probably had that experience before. I felt ______ , and I knew that soon I would have to ______ . I was a little worried about ______. But then, all of the sudden, I saw ______ coming right towards me!! I remembered what a cowboy’s wife had told me. It was very important to _____ and ______. Before I knew it, I was given the tools and tips to ______. So you see, I really was ______ , and I decided I just had to _______.

The End.

Leave the url to your entry in the comments section on the original competition post.

1 comment:

MHJ said...

Interesting contest!

Did you see mine at http://www.thepinkc.net???