Friday 21 March 2014

iPhone update

Today, I thought I would try something new and actually post an update from my new iPhone... I am finding more reasons to like this little phone (the 4S is a lot smaller than my Android device). The latest discovery is that the GPS is a lot better (although as the phone is probably four times as expensive as my Android, I guess you would expect that.
There is another thing to like though... The iPhone, once connected to Bluetooth is able to give driving directions via my car speakers, interrupting the CD/radio, something that I had hoped my Android would be able to do... I'm not saying it's impossible to make the Android phone do the same thing, but it is much easier to do with the iPhone because it anticipates that you might want to have this feature - so you just click an on-screen option.
I would not yet say that the iPhone represents value for money by any stretch of the imagination, but am impressed by the way that the 'phone anticipates and integrates with other systems and devices.
So I think I am happy that I can use the iPhone to post a blog entry, seems to work OK bearing in mind the limitations of the small screen. I didn't install any app, just used the native browser and signed into Google. Again, seems to work fairly seamlessly - more kudos to Apple apart from the fact that the JAVA for adding labels does not want to work....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have an android tablet and a Windows PC but have not used an Apple device since I was at college. I would like to try one but am not yet daring enough, telling myself it is too expensive but probably in reality just being a bit worried about learning to use it! I really must get one....! I am glad that you are getting on well with yours.