Wednesday 5 March 2014

iPhone update

I am finding some of the aspects of the iPhone to be quite invaluable, but partly that is because our works IT department have integrated iPhone apps into our network. We have started using 'Outlook' at work for emails, this also incorporates calendars and scheduling - the integration with the iPhone works well and I find that I get emails and meeting reminders directly to my phone which is a bonus.
I am sure it could be made to work just as well with an Android equivalent system, but as I haven't had the chance to compare, I can only report that integration with the iPhone seems to work really well. It frees me up to be fairly mobile around the workspace without having to check emails and calendars on a laptop or PC at regular intervals.
I think we are planning to integrate our long-awaited SAP system with the iPhone and iPad too, so I will be able to report on that once it is done. The SAP system will control every aspect of the business from processing orders, receipting stock, creating production tasks through to invoicing and customer relation management. Quite how it will be able to integrate with an iPhone is not clear yet, I look forward to finding out - I may even end up not needing one of my current devices (I currently have both a laptop and a desktop at work in different locations) if the iPhone can integrate with the essential business tools that we use.

No comments: