Thursday 24 October 2013

Tablet or 'Phone

I have been considering getting an Android tablet to replace the laptop(s) in the house as it would be ideal for the type of things that we use the laptop for - ie. emails and browsing the web. A laptop is really over-engineered for the sort of tasks they are generally used for in the home environment, a tablet is nice to use, cheap and a very effective tool.
Now I had been looking at various options for quite a while and was set on maybe buying something previously enjoyed from eBay - however, with these type of devices, you can get products direct from China that are not much more than second-hand prices, yet they are brand new and with the latest spec.
Further thinking persuaded my that actually I could get a replacement for my 2-year old smartphone that was as powerful as a tablet, yet not much more money. I was directed to the McBub website where they have a massive array of tablet and phone technology for rock-bottom prices.
I mused about whether to get a low-cost dual core model, but ended up maximising my budget by going for a top-of-the-shop quad core model instead. So far I can report that the value for money aspect of McBub seems almost too good to be true - whether the goods live up to expectations, or whether the customer service is any good at all remains to be seen...

Looks like we are going to have a change in phones for everyone in the house this Christmas, possibly with our young daughter inheriting my 'old' smart-phone, and maybe a second purchase (a little more modest than my quad-core model) for a Christmas present for my wife. I should be able to get two spare contract SIMs to add to my contract for £5 a month each, and we should all be able to keep in touch for free on the same network (well it won't be free for me, but I guess £10 a month for two extra phone contracts is not too bad).

No comments: