Sunday 1 September 2013

Making Time

I have been busy decorating this weekend - and it's odd, but I've noticed this before... the busier and more frantic things are in work, the more I feel inclined to do more work when I get home! It should be the other way around, ie. when I am flat-out at work, I should feel less inclination to do decorating.
It's as if I am in work-mode and it just continues when I come home, although to be fair, sometimes I do just flop into the sofa and not budge an inch until it's time to go to bed.
Although the decorating is coming along slowly, I am quite pleased with progress because I am being quite meticulous about making sure everything is done right - it's what I think they mean when they refer to a 'good quality finish' on the DIY and renovation programs I love to watch on TV. I have been finishing the edges of each painted wall with a fine paint brush to make sure there is virtually no overlap - as I said to my neighbour yesterday... it's taken me 17 years to decorate the hall-way and I don't ever expect to do it again!. In other words, the work has to be good enough to last an awful long time.
I expect the finish will still be some months off as I fit the decorating around life in general, but hope to be able to post some photo's when it is finished.. I may have some comparison photo's showing how it looked when we bought the house, so that should make an interesting 'before and after' comparison.

No comments: