Tuesday 3 September 2013

Looking for a tablet...

No, not medicine, but an Android tablet is now top of my shopping list - I keep seeing bargains on eBay but not making much headway with actually winning any auctions.
I have come up with a preferred spec:
  • Android 4.0 software
  • 1GB RAM
  • Bluetooth & Wifi
  • Preferably a 10.1" screen
I may not achieve everything on the wishlist for the approx £50 I would be willing to part with, but you never know with eBay...
Our laptop was getting a bit over-used and recently died, I have a replacement, but it occurred to me that a simple device like a tablet would be better for the main tasks required of the laptop, which are surfing the net and email. The days of the laptop I think are seriously numbered, which prompts me to think again about the piles of laptop spares that I have hidden away with the idea of restoring them to former glory. I believe the best plan now would be to simply sell off the spares rather than go to the effort of trying to get them working, as the value of a working laptop is probably dropping by the week.
In other news, I have finally got round to completing my tax return....Hoorah!

No comments: