Monday 16 April 2012

Office Progress


I have never taken photo's of my home 'office' before the restoration project because frankly it would not have made a very pretty picture. However with the work well and truly under way, I will be posting up a few pictures to mark the transformation to dingy hole into bright new office.

Here we can see the floor after sanding along with a freshly painted radiator and the new skirting board... Today I have put the first coat of varnish onto the floor with another coat planned for tomorrow. My plan for the next stages is to rub down the walls and paint them before fixing the new skirting board permanently into place (I have already cut each board to fit). I will then be finally able to plumb the radiator back in properly. I also need to cover the old loft opening in the ceiling and find a new light fitting (which will be fixed onto the aforementioned covering...). I have already moved the light switch because the door now opens the other way, so I am going to need some narrow trunking for the lighting cable and will need to fix the switch to the plaster wall. All that remains then is the door and window surrounds... Oh yes, and all the new office furniture (trip to Ikea this weekend was supposed to be a fact-finding mission, but became a bit of a battle-ground...).

The upshot will hopefully be a swish new office from which I can further my plans for creating more online earnings.

No comments: